LESSONS FROM THE LYREBIRD (2): An 8min podcast
Now 22 months into production, director Mark Pearce and cinematographer Nick Hayward have become obsessed with one of the world’s most remarkable birds. Their feature documentary The Message of the Lyrebird is due for completion in 2013. The second part of this interview explores marketing and distribution ideas.
• using social media to engage audiences and get feedback
• publicity to launch the website & trailer — Birdman Rally (Victor Holder, pictured below left)
• marketing & versioning begins at the start
• the need to be “in it for the long haul”
• inspiration, passion, obsession
Interviewed for Campfire Film Foundation in January 2012
For more information about the documentary, visit Balangara Films.
Recent news: The Message of the Lyrebird will be showcased to a selection of international delegates at the Australian International Documentary Conference (AIDC)in Adelaide, Feb 2012.